Thread: yard sale find

Default yard sale find

I gave $20 for this at a yard sale a while back. I am by no means a collector but do have a couple of Ka-Bar fighting knives..USN MK 2 and a USMC and a Utica. The yard sale find is a Camillus but differs with the others as it has serrations on the blade. It was in a box of old pen knives and costume jewelry that no one paid much attention to..the old guy that was selling this stuff said an old Army buddy gave to him. My question is just what is this. I can't find any info on this so I thought someone here might have come across something similar. It really is sharp and the serrations do not appear to be home made. Here's a few pics and any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanking you in advance. Rich. 100_1706.jpg100_1729.jpg100_1731.jpg100_1731.jpg100_1732.jpg
    IGNORANCE IS THE MOST EXPENSIVE COMMODITY THAT YOU CAN OWN

I have seen those and similar at gun shows. They are defiantly not dated to WW11 but more recent. Weather they are genuine US issue or fantasy knife's I have no idea. There are collector sites out there I am sure. Try a google search.
    You can never go home again.

Your Camillus is Viet Nam era or later production. It has been field modified with the serrations.

The blade guys at the US Militaria Forum can probably confirm this for you if you need to do so.
    http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/foru...edged-weapons/

HTH.

Regards,
    Charlie