Default Winchester stock on Underwood?

So has anyone experienced a Winchester stock on an Underwood carbine? 12/43 brl date?

Long story.... 20 or so years ago I got an otherwise unmolested Underwood carbine, except for the stock. which had a glaring "W" in the sling well. And a faint cartouche on the side. It was my first "original" carbine but everyone and my own research said that the stock was no good. I paid no attention to the cartouche because I figured I knew what it said. I saw the "GHD" and the "wheel" and that's as far as I went.
    I replaced the stock on the UEF with a "correct" stock and sold the carbine a few years ago funding another project. I used the "W" stock as a place holder on another carbine and never gave it a second thought. Now the "W" stock is loose again and I was going to sell it. As I revisited the cartouche again, to my shock instead of the expected "WRA" under the "GHD" it said UEF!!!! I so stupid! I don't think the stamp is faked, but I also cant find anything on a "W" UEF stock. I sent an email to the guy whom I sold the UEF carbine to see if he still had it. I haven't heard back, oh well.

[IMG][/IMG]

It very well could be a Winchester stock sent from Winchester in New Haven Ct. to Underwood in Hartford Ct., maybe an hour away. Maybe Underwood needed say 100 stocks or a 1000 to hold them over till their next delivery came in. A quick trip up the road and the stocks were there. I would not bet against it.