Default .22 Carbine Magazine

Does anyone know where to find a .22 carbine magazine for a Johnston-Tucker .22 M1 Carbine. They were made between 1965 to 1966.

This is going to be a very hard item to find. I just checked eight part suppliers and none of them have what your looking for. But Johnson basically took a normal 15 round USGI magazine and placed their own version of the .22LR magazine inside the 15 rounder. I would be surprised if many spare magazines were ever made. Hope you find what your looking for.

Johnston-Tucker has been gone since about 1966. Didn't file tax documents for 1967 and had their corporate name revoked in 1968.
    Their rifle used a modified(no idea how. May just be fitting.) Ithaca X5/X15 .22LR magazine. $40 each plus $8.50 shipping. http://www.ammoclip.com/I/ithaca.htm
    Slide was too long and caused cracking of the Al receiver. Check for that before you spend any money. Break any other parts other than external parts and the trigger and sear, you have an oddly shaped, oversized, paper weight.
    http://www.m1carbinesinc.com/carbine...tontucker.html
    Spelling and grammar count!

Thanks for the replies. Your information is about what I have found also. I saw one that sold on an auction site about a year ago for about $350... but it had a magazine. The one here is a nice looking gun (except for its chromed slide) but then again, without the magazine it's just a fancy single shot. Even parting out all the authentic M1 parts might only get $50 to $60 because they are common replacement parts and the going price is much higher than $60. I think I'll pass on this.

Thanks
    BEAR

The chromed slide was standard on it.

Quote Originally Posted by BEAR View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Your information is about what I have found also. I saw one that sold on an auction site about a year ago for about $350... but it had a magazine. The one here is a nice looking gun (except for its chromed slide) but then again, without the magazine it's just a fancy single shot. Even parting out all the authentic M1 parts might only get $50 to $60 because they are common replacement parts and the going price is much higher than $60. I think I'll pass on this.

Thanks
    BEAR
    Good idea, Johnson was a good designer...problem is that someone had a better product.
    Sam