1. Default 1911 refinishing reference.

has anyone had work done by George Roghaar of Boca Raton, Florida? Thanks

Blog Entries

I have not, but I strongly stand behind the work of chuckindenver on this forum. He has done three different guns of mine in three different finishes and they all came out perfect.
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

3. Default

I've had several guns done by George in the past and have been completely satisfied with his work. I don't know what his turn around time is now but in the past it was reasonable.

sent you a private message C-J

5. Default

based on recommendations from several folks on here, I am sending my 1.5 Million Remington to George. frame is currently nickel (?) plated. he will strip an refinish to match the slide I will send along and refinish the barrel. this is a "gathered" pistol and all of the remaining parts have good finishes. I hope to post the final result in the coming months.

Several years ago I sent a Colt 1991A1 Commander with the dull matte blue finish back to Springfield Armory's Custom Shop and had it refinished. It think they did a great job.

007.jpg

7. Default

Thanks to all those who posted and also those who sent me pictures of George's work. I sent my 1.5M RR frame, which had been plated at some point with a MSH and a HS barrel. everything came back within a week, comms were excellent and the pistol assembled readily, with a nice mix of the other original finish pieces I had gathered. I will work on pictures to post here.

8. Default

So here's the long anticipated picture. I am very happy with the results.

20160901_192834[1].jpg