Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by madsenshooter View Post
    I know Dick, I'm working on using my middle finger while keeping hold of the bolt,.....
    I, too have been finding use for my middle finger. Just not at the range.

jn

Quote Originally Posted by psteinmayer View Post
    If you watch those Scandinavians, they are really slick in their approach, and I'm betting that their loads are very mild too! It appears that they trigger with their pinkies and never let go of the bolt handle.

What I need to practice with is keeping my rifle shouldered while cycling the bolt. It's difficult with my torn shoulder though... but I'm getting better at it.
    That 03a3 should, in my opinion work just as freely as a Krag. I mean the bolt uplift, nothing wrong with the cycling. Like I mentioned to you, the fellow that came in fifth in the Springfield told me this was the first time he got hold of one he could work from the shoulder. That family of shooters has a trophy room bigger than my little house!
    "I have sworn upon the Altar of God, eternity hostility upon all forms of tyranny over the minds of man." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by jon_norstog View Post
    I, too have been finding use for my middle finger. Just not at the range.

jn
    I cut the very tip of mine off in a paper cutter once Jon. It was the machine's fault, and I threatened to sue the guy cause I lost my pinball flipping finger! I even got an attorney, but he died. I've not been the pinball wizard I once was since loosing that tip.
    Last edited by madsenshooter; 08-19-2016 at 09:18.
    "I have sworn upon the Altar of God, eternity hostility upon all forms of tyranny over the minds of man." - Thomas Jefferson

There are some pics of the Roosevelt match here: http://cmp1.zenfolio.com/p459766666 None of me or Paul, but I noted the 1903 with a scope mount, and maybe a couple of some Krag shooters in the same area.

The pictures appear to be of the 3/4 relays and the awards ceremony only. There are two guys shooting that 03 with the scope mount. The first is my friend Phil, and the second must be his partner because that is Phil's rifle. Great match! Wish there were more pictures of the Krags...
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo

Zenfolio guy must've got up late. I also dug through Garand, Vintage, and Springfield looking for us.
    Last edited by madsenshooter; 08-20-2016 at 10:07.