Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Theodore Roosevelt Commemorative Match

Howdy all...

Well, the Nationals were great fun, but now we're coming up on possibly the greatest match of all: One that has been (finally) designed and designated to assemble a group Krag shooters - the Theodore Roosevelt Commemorative Rifle Match.

I'll be there with my son, and a few other friends. I invite anyone who is going to meet up with us! We'll be there Saturday night before the match and would love to share a meal and some stories. Then, we can all meet at the Viale Range gate and squad together.

Who's going? Please let me know, and I'll find a great place for us to meet up for dinner!

This is going to be a GREAT match, and a lot of fun too!!!

Paul
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo

I am officially in, just got off the CMP website. A reminder to interested parties, pretty sure I read online registration ends the 8th.
    Last edited by madsenshooter; 08-03-2016 at 01:48.
    "I have sworn upon the Altar of God, eternity hostility upon all forms of tyranny over the minds of man." - Thomas Jefferson

Maybe next year...

jn

After considerable testing, I've decided to go with the load shown here: http://www.kragcollectorsassociation...num=1458778749 Jon, next year the Vintage and Roosevelt will be closer together, in August, so maybe you can catch both. Oh, and bring your Garand too, if you don't have one, you can use mine, but you'll have to shoot the unlimited class with it.
    "I have sworn upon the Altar of God, eternity hostility upon all forms of tyranny over the minds of man." - Thomas Jefferson

Ok... For those who are heading to Camp Perry to shoot in the Roosevelt Match, I have some important information that I was made aware of this morning, and have confirmed with the CMP.

First of all, the match will be held on the Viale Range and first shot will be at 7:00 AM. Also, walk-ons may be possible (but don't quote me on this).

Now for the important info: The Welcome Center (which is where you will check in) will only be open from 6:00 AM to 12:00 PM Noon every day leading up to the match. Since squadding starts at 5:45 AM on Sunday, I would HIGHLY advise everyone not already checked in for other matches to arrive on Saturday before 11:00 AM and get checked in (your check-in for the National Matches does not cover the Legacy Matches). It would be a shame to miss this historic match because of missing the check-in!
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo

Howdy all,

Just received some more info from the CMP on the Roosevelt Match:

The match will be held on the Viale Range. There will be four relays, with 1 & 2 shooting first, and 3 & 4 pitting first. Squadding will start at 7:00 AM, and first shots will be at 8:00 AM. All shooting should be completed by noon.

Now, the information I received also stated that Krags, 1903s, AND 1903A3s will be permitted!

I'm still shooting my Krag!!! That's how Teddy Roosevelt would have had it...

Hope to see some of my Krag family on the line!

Only 15 Krags out of 40 rifles on the line! Top Krag placed 5th in the match. No 03A3s to contend with in future Roosevelt matches. I need one of you guys that can really shoot to shoot my rifle, I know it it will do better than I can.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by madsenshooter View Post
    Only 15 Krags out of 40 rifles on the line! Top Krag placed 5th in the match. No 03A3s to contend with in future Roosevelt matches. I need one of you guys that can really shoot to shoot my rifle, I know it it will do better than I can.
    It was a little surprising that A) so few people attended -57?-, and B) there were more supposedly disallowed M1903A3's than Krags. Which FP were you guys on?

I was on 81 with my son. Bob was on 80 shooting with Randy Ent. There were also Krags on 79 and 82 beside us. It was sad that so few Krags showed up... and even sadder that so many A3s did! I, Randy, Bob, my son, and even those shooting on 82 were quite vocal about the allowance of the A3s in the match... and I think it was Randy who finally complained loud enough for them to separate the A3s in the scoring! Here's a few pictures:

Me
    roosevelt match 2016 006.jpg
    Bob
    roosevelt match 2016 005.jpg
    My son Ron
    roosevelt match 2016 020.jpg
    Randy
    roosevelt match 2016 011.jpg

10. Default

I think the scoring solution was handled fairly, and am glad that people spoke up about it, so Thanks! We were on 91, got to the line embarrassingly late (smack!) among other things, but had a great time regardless. The old granny from 1902 did not disappoint.