Default Thoughts on this one?

Seems awfully high to me for a reconditioned rifle even with the shipping box.
    FWIW, I have an original M2 (not reconditioned) example with a lower serial number and earlier barrel date, so is mine worth at least this much?

http://www.gunauction.com/buy/14041318

Blog Entries

From my collecting experience I have found that M2's with the early M2 bolt are hard to find. This one being refinished would reduce the value. Jack The Dog does have nice items.
    At the Tulsa show last fall I bought Model of 1922 #20 for $2,000.00. It was original finish but had the wrong trigger guard and no magazine.
    At the same show I bought 1922M1 Issue Type #4565 for $1,400.00. It was original finish and parts.
    I think the prices I paid are real world prices.

I agree, but someone (several someones) seems to think this one is very special, and thought I might be missing something.

Special to the tune of $3680 plus shipping!

5. Default

IMG_0558small-1.jpgIMG_0557-1.JPG

Here's mine, M2 SN 20936 !!

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gewehrfreund View Post
    Seems awfully high to me for a reconditioned rifle even with the shipping box.
    FWIW, I have an original M2 (not reconditioned) example with a lower serial number and earlier barrel date, so is mine worth at least this much?
    Sure, if you have the shipping box--which the buyer obviously valued at about 2 Gs.