Default Need help with M1 stock

Hi, I have a nice M1 stock which I believe is Winchester. It has the flat arch pistol grip ,the letter A and number 187 under the front sling, it has the ''v at the trigger area and the barrel channel is about 2 5/8''long. the stock has been through 2 rebuilds AN and A4. The cartouche is gone, what should the cartouce be? WRA RS OR WRA WB , and what would be a guess on date made. Also I was told the channel was short for the long channel stock?
    Rich

2. Default

the real indicators are a "v" shaped end of the trigger guard cut and a continuous curve from the cap of the grip to the back end of the mag base. the Scott Duff books have excellent pictures showing the difference.

Default yes!

Quote Originally Posted by tanker trash View Post
    the real indicators are a "v" shaped end of the trigger guard cut and a continuous curve from the cap of the grip to the back end of the mag base. the Scott Duff books have excellent pictures showing the difference.
    Hi, Yes it does have both the ''v'' and the curve. It is the barrel grove I wonder about, my measurement is 2 5/8 -2 7/8 inches. I believe it is a long grove?
    Rich