Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Winchester trench gun? yey or nay?

Interested in what others think, is this for real or make believe?
    IMG_1661.jpgIMG_1663.jpgIMG_1668.jpgIMG_1669.jpgIMG_1670.jpg

4. Default

Clearly not military and almost certainly fake. It's a converted riot gun. The bracket holding the mag tube to the barrel tells you that. I think all pre-WWII trench guns were solid frame. This one is a take down version. I'm sure others who know more than me see additional defects.

Agree with Ironlip. The serial number on ww1 guns was not stamped on the barrel, and the shield/bayonet lug is not correctly mounted

6. Default

Serial is way too low for WWI, and it was correctly stated that WWI trench guns, starting at serial #670,000 are solid frame only. Adapter looks like a repro.
    No, not for real.

7. Default

The front lug is cast. You can see the marks. The originals are Winchester. Enough said.

Kind of what I feared, thanks all

9. Default

OP got all butthurt over on Gunboards when this shotgun was posted for sale. His for sale listing was pretty arrogant and the homework he is doing now is the homework he should have done BEFORE he insisted the shotgun was original U.S. Military. A number of Gunboards members called him out and he deleted his post. It is good he has come here so that those with all the knowledge can validate what he learned on Gunboards. At the same time it is unfortunate for him, sadly he is learning he has something he thought was genuine and it is not.
    "There's a race of men that don't fit in,
    A race that can't stay still;
    So they break the hearts of kith and kin,
    And they roam the world at will." - Robert Service

10. Default

OH well. He got ripped off. It happens all the time.