Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default

Yea, that looks to be a restored carbine, possibly with a new stock. Every original early Inland that I have ever seen or owned has the trigger housing sticking out a bit. Later in 43 they did cut them differently, more flush.

Allen, That carbine is an attempted restoration. I would like to see pictures up close of the rear sight on both sides and of the bolt.

I just went to GB and pulled the best looking early Inland for a picture of the stock. I have no interest in it one way or another.

As stated, original unmessed with one's stick out.

Here's mine I posted on carbine forum. Unsanded original.

Last edited by Embalmer; 08-21-2016 at 08:40.

Just as a point of interest. On the Gunbroker Inland 408k carbine, the hammer spring is a later 26 coil spring and the magazine release is also a later T3, should be 21 coil spring and T2A mag. release [it fills the provided space more completely].

Chuck

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ironlip View Post
    I'm in the market for something I know I may never find, an early, all original, i.e. totally as issued and not restored, high condition M1 Carbine. Strongly prefer an Inland I cut stock version, but probably can be flexible on manufacturer. Looking for late '42 or early '43 if possible. Must have high wood, flip sight, first type front band, blued flat bolt; other early features like serrated mag release or checkered safety negotiable. Wood must be unsanded and have all period correct stamps clearly visible. Metal finish must be original and 95% or better; 98% or better strongly preferred. Cannot live with stake marks, scratches from front sight removal,barrel shadow, parkerizing that is all the same color (i.e. refinished) or new made parts.

Know it will cost, but the originality is worth it to me. If you think you have what I'm looking for please send pictures and price to rick.tubb@verizon.net.

Thanks in advance,

Rick

Probably wants one like this. Big Larry