Thread: Z Auto Pistol

1. Default Z Auto Pistol

Looking for some help from the forum. My father acquired a Z auto pistol from a WWII vet years ago.

Dads getting up in age and tried to take it apart to clean it and in the process he's lost the firing pin and lord knows
    what else. I searched around on the web and Numrich my have the parts but they are listed under "Bauer .25".

Are these one in the same? Doesnt sound right, but thats why I'm asking here.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Raggs

I know nothing about Czech pistols, but came across this article that might be of use: http://unblinkingeye.com/Guns/2CZ25s/2cz25s.html
    No mention of Bauer.
    "They've took the fun out of running the race. You never see a campfire anywhere. There's never any time for visiting." - Joe Redington Sr., 1997

Where was he taking it apart? I do it in basement and drop small parts all the time, Sometimes they are right in sight but--- I get down on the floor with flashlite, shine it so it lights a path along the floor and look in the beam at floor level, be surprised how they will show up. Once I found a part about a year later, with out really thinking about it but it was way further away then I ever look and was under a tool chest! In the mean time I had replaced it. Had a buddy who took them apart in back yard on a picnic bench. I'll bet even today, with one of those roll around magnets roofers use you could find enough parts in his yard to start a repair shop! hehehe.
    You can never go home again.

4. Default

Thanks Joe & Dave.

Joe, that link has got me closer to what i need to look for according to the different models, thank you.

Dave, as a kid building models I occasionally lost parts to the vortex/carpet montser and thats exactly what I did, get
    down to eye level, if thats indeed where he took it apart. He's loosing some memory. When I asked yesterday about the pin
    he says, "Oh I put the gun back in the safe, I'll find the pin." I said, "Dad you gave the gun to ME". So I'll have to do a sweep thru the house
    with a magnet, maybe even rip open the vacuum cleaner bag.

If anyone can chime in "just in case" on a replacement, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks again,

Raggs

5. Default

I FOUND THE DAMN FIRING PIN.

4 months later. Damdest place you would think to find this little sucker.

Few months ago we went thru the vacuum cleaner bag with a magnet. No luck.
    So yesterday I'm trying to open the sliding glass door and it gets stuck.
    I bounce it back n forth a couple times until I finally look in the railing, lo n behold there it is.

Sombitch.

Cleaned, oiled, fires like champ. Dang lucky.

Well he was almost right, 'someone' did find the pin.
    You can never go home again.