Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Looks like a winner from here. Fine looking old girl for being around 100 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by p246 View Post
    Looks like a winner from here. Fine looking old girl for being around 100 years old.
    Thankya kindly sir... i think so as well... i can't remember her birthday, but was rebuilt in Nov-1918... Hang on i'll check.........................
    bombdog...
    Last edited by bombdog; 01-15-2017 at 04:43.
    "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends." Jesus Christ !!! JN15:13

Quote Originally Posted by bombdog View Post
    Thankya kindly sir... i think so as well... i can't remember her birthday, but was rebuilt in Nov-1918... Hang on i'll check.........................
    bombdog...
    Jan-1918 according to my records...
    bombdog, out here...
    "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends." Jesus Christ !!! JN15:13

Quote Originally Posted by bombdog View Post
    Jan-1918 according to my records...
    bombdog, out here...
    The finer things in life should include owning an old war rifle like the M1917.

I have a ball with this old girl. Other than looking like the stock was sanded using a road grader. She has a JA barrel that guages less than 1 and shoots wonderfully. This Eddystone came for the last mail order release from CMP a few years ago.

Semper Fi
    Art
    Last edited by nf1e; 01-21-2017 at 07:53.

Art,

Yeah, I know the feeling. Hard not to fall in love with them. Robust in every way, well built, good looking, great shooter. What more could you ask for? I had my Winchester '17 out to the range a few days ago along with my Remington 03-A3 and thoroughly enjoyed the day. Both rifles shot well, are nicely finished and always attract attention from other gun club members seeing them for the first time. Is that your shooting table?

A buddy bought an AR rifle a few weeks ago and was anxious to shoot it. Great rifle and accurate with open sights. Almost no recoil.

The backhoe in your pics is interesting.
    Last edited by Merc; 01-21-2017 at 08:49.

Merc, that's not a backhoe it's Arts massive berm builder. I shoot with a lot of black rifle guy, most 15 years younger than me. I shoot my own AR, pull out a magnum and hit steel at ranges they dream of. Then pull out the M1917 and my No 4 Mark 1. (Sometimes a Garand, Trapdoor, or a 6.5 Swede). One guy, who had not shot with me asked if I needed the 100 yard target pulled into 50. Said nope dialed Mark 1 sight 12 clicks and dinged the 500 yard plate. Dialed 20 clicks and hit the 600 yards plate. (Prone on bag). Looked back at him and said this is just a punny 303 can you had me that ought 6. He's shot with us a bunch since but doesn't bad mouth my old girl anymore. Matter of fact he kept shooting the M1917 so much I told him it was time to help load. He wants to shoot the Garand but we call him slide lock due to his multiple mag dumps so he does not get that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Merc View Post
    Art,

Yeah, I now the feeling. Hard not to fall in love with them. Robust in every way, well built, good looking, great shooter. What more could you ask for? I had my Winchester '17 out to the range a few days ago along with my Remington 03-A3 and thoroughly enjoyed the day. Both rifles shot well, are nicely finished and always attract attention from other gun club members seeing them for the first time. Is that your shooting table?

A buddy bought an AR rifle a few weeks ago and was anxious to shoot it. Great rifle and accurate with open sights. Almost no recoil.

The backhoe in your pics is interesting.
    Yep , that's my fancy 3 legged shooting bench. Not the most rugged in the world, but it has helped me with a couple of postal shoots. I love competing against the boys with the big concrete benches.

That tractor backhoe is 15 years old now. I use it of all sorts of projects. Last year my wife bought me a rock bucket for the front. I can get lost for days at a time with my toys.

Quote Originally Posted by p246 View Post
    Merc, that's not a backhoe it's Arts massive berm builder. I shoot with a lot of black rifle guy, most 15 years younger than me. I shoot my own AR, pull out a magnum and hit steel at ranges they dream of. Then pull out the M1917 and my No 4 Mark 1. (Sometimes a Garand, Trapdoor, or a 6.5 Swede). One guy, who had not shot with me asked if I needed the 100 yard target pulled into 50. Said nope dialed Mark 1 sight 12 clicks and dinged the 500 yard plate. Dialed 20 clicks and hit the 600 yards plate. (Prone on bag). Looked back at him and said this is just a punny 303 can you had me that ought 6. He's shot with us a bunch since but doesn't bad mouth my old girl anymore. Matter of fact he kept shooting the M1917 so much I told him it was time to help load. He wants to shoot the Garand but we call him slide lock due to his multiple mag dumps so he does not get that one.
    My berm is about 250' vertical, custom built when the glaciers moved through the area a few thousand years ago.

nf1e,

Impressive property and impressive "TOYS" and a wife who understands and plays right into your passions. Lucky man. You've really got it all.

So, your range is in your front yard? Pretty amazing. Good thing you're not a braggart.