Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Scope for 44 mag handgun?

I have a Ruger redhawk with factory scope rings. I want to try a scope on it. Leupold makes a nice one, but is pricey. What would be a good scope, but less money? thank you

buy the best scope you can because they will all fail sooner or later from that recoil, leupold is good for life.

Look into Nikon. Excellent scopes for the money spent. Same lifetime warrantee as Leupold.

Nikon may have the same "lifetime warranty" as Leopold however, it is doubtful that their customer service is as good. Fast responsive service and quick turnaround times are a hallmark of the Leopold's company. Not only that but, they are an American company home based in Beaverton, OR.

https://www.leupold.com/resources/le...ime-guarantee/

I scoped a .357 handgun once about 30 years ago. I never shot it much after that. Too bulky and after
    a bit of practice I found I could do as well (out to 100 yards) with iron sights.

Also, most scopes do not hold up well to the recoil on a handgun from magnum rounds. Mine failed
    after about 200 rounds (reticle was turning). The company who made those is out of business (Hutson).

If you "must have" go with Leopold. At lease you have lifetime replacement warranty and U.S. made.

Mike

I have a red dot scope on a 44 Super redhawk, works well. carry extra batteries though !
    I have shot deer at about 100 + yds with it.

Good Shooting

Lindy

Blog Entries

Let's make a deal! I have this Bushnell I bought 15-20 years ago after I found a forward scope mount for a 1903 Springfield. I put it in the mount, but never put the mount on the rifle. It may have a ring mark, but I doubt it since its never been fired.

Lifetime warrant to the original owner, which doesn't mention a receipt (gun show purchase) and the warranty card has never been filled out.

With just a quick look around, I found the box, but the scope is around here someplace. Let me know if you are interested.

20161210_044826.jpg
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

Phillip, PM sent to you.

Aren't most Nikons made in the Philippines that just told the U.S. to get the hell out, they didn't need us any more? It would probably be OK to send money though.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
    I have a Ruger redhawk with factory scope rings. I want to try a scope on it. Leupold makes a nice one, but is pricey. What would be a good scope, but less money? thank you
    The Ruger scope rings will work great. I think, a 2X or 4X scope is all you need. In general the more you spend on a scope the better it will be. The eye relief is rather important, so try to get a scope that matches your 'hold of choice'. Can I be in your next film?? ....just kidding. 8) 8)