Default WWII Sling question

I have an Underwood carbine. Did Underwood ever make a marked sling. My carbine is late war. I do have 2 slings Both are OD green. One has the C clips and it is marked IBM. Definitely original, shows age and wear. Plus correct catches. The other is OD canvas with the larger parkerized metal ends. It is marked MRT. It also has a few; hate to say it blood stains on it. Is this a correct sling for my carbine?

Yes the later carbine would have a sling with the solid tabs. The keeper should be rectangle shaped not oval like the early ones. BUT, I think that Underwood would have ended their contract before the later solid tabs came about. A dark Olive drab green sling with the C type tips should be right for your Underwood.

Tuna, thank you

Very much doubt Underwood(producing Carbines from November 1942 - April 1944) made slings at all. They made more of the parts than any other maker, but that doesn't mean the made slings or the metal bits on 'em. Be a 'U' stamped on it if they did though.
    Kind of doubt IBM made 'em either. Stamped as such or not. Everybody and his brother plus most of his cousins made Carbine parts.
    Spelling and grammar count!

BTW, if you don't already know, MRT is Mildew Resistant Treatment. Helped stop the slings from rotting in a jungle environment.

What is the best way to show a picture. I will post the sling with the IBM markings

Blog Entries

Click the thiRd icon to the right, it looks like a portrait, and in your case, select from computer, and go on from there.
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur