Thread: Trigger travel

Default Trigger travel

I have a question that I'm sure has been asked many times before. I s there any way to reduce the trigger travel on a striker fired pistol. My little Taurus has approximately a 2 foot travel prior to anything happening. That may be a slight exaggeration. My old arthritic hands aren't as flexible or strong as they used to be, and I need a substantially shorter travel.

What model Taurus? Revolver or semi-auto?

Quick answer, NO. The gun was built that way. Taurus' are inexpensive pistols meant to go bang. Sometimes they don't even do that. Since arthritis is the main problem, look to get another type of handgun that you can use with your condition.

FWIW,

Emri

Quote Originally Posted by Emri View Post
    Quick answer, NO. The gun was built that way. Taurus' are inexpensive pistols meant to go bang. Sometimes they don't even do that. Since arthritis is the main problem, look to get another type of handgun that you can use with your condition.

FWIW,

Emri
    Thnx for the sage advice Emri, already working on my 1911 clone. Got the pull down to 2.5#. I think I'll stop there.

Quote Originally Posted by n64atlas View Post
    What model Taurus? Revolver or semi-auto?
    Do they make striker fired revolvers?

Quote Originally Posted by gatorbone View Post
    Do they make striker fired revolvers?
    missed the striker part. As for the 1911 clone, 2.5 is too light. You risk full auto fire with hard ball loads at that weight.