1. Default SA marked Walnut stock and hand guard

I have a customer who is looking for a SA marked M2 walnut stock. Says they were not potbelly stocks. Also wants SA marked walnut hand guard. I have never observed an SA marked walnut carbine stock or hand guard. Has any one ever seen such?
    Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Gary

No, they were all replacement M2 type stocks mostly post war. SA had some stocks made in the first half of 1945. All were for the M2 carbine type.

3. Default

Type IV stocks (M2 cut, non-potbelly) marked/made by SA do exist. I've seen two at least and heard of a couple more. Birch Type V (M2 cut, potbelly) marked/made by SA are way more common.
    Last edited by M1Garandy; 06-30-2016 at 06:51.

There is also a late post WW2 SA SPG rebuild stamp sometimes found on carbine stocks, this came after the SA SHM

RCS is right. By the time SA got into making stocks the type 4 stock was already outdated. By spring of 1945 all of Inlands production was M2 carbines. The military had all the type 3 stocks they needed. Only Inland and some Winchester carbines had type 4 stocks. Not a lot in the overall picture as the potbelly type 5 was out early in 1945.

Default SA SPG rebuild stamp 1947 to 1950

Here is a photo of the post WW2 SA SPG rebuild stamp as found on both M1 carbine and M1 rifle stocks, photo is on
    a M1 rifle stockP1010045_0041_041.jpg

I had some carbine photos but did not save them, any additional carbine photos with the SA SPG rebuild stamp
    would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by RCS View Post
    There is also a late post WW2 SA SPG rebuild stamp sometimes found on carbine stocks, this came after the SA SHM
    I have a SA SHM rebuild cartouch from 1946 on a walnut WWII stock.

I have an SA marked walnut stock that came on a Winchester carbine that my father bought through the NRA/DCM in 1961 or '62. It is a potbelly, carries no other arsenal marks.

I have a SA marked stock and hand guard on a Winchester 576xxxx carbine. This stock looks to have the M2 cuts in the stock and is also marked with BA4 rebuild marks. Fairly sure the stock was added during a rebuild.
    Chris