Default type 99 monopod??

Can I get an actual original monopod anywhere???
    thanks

They are definitely out there. Keep an eye on EBay, and check into Antique Arms Shows in your area, as Jap rifles and parts do show up at them. If you're in or near Michigan, there's one 4 times a year in Novi. Some of the other members of this thread may also have a line on some parts, like Guamsst, Dave, or Dean! Guys?
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo

I have never seen a monopod lose, for sale (not saying there are none). So many rifles came home to the states w/o them. A very, very good repro is (or was made). The average person would not know it from a real one except the maker put a pin punch stamp on the block that mounts to the lower band. If you see that it is a repro but you have to look close. That repro is the only one I own (on one rifle).
    Last edited by dave; 06-24-2016 at 05:45.
    You can never go home again.

Sadly, the Monopod on my Toyo Kogyo is the repro also.
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo

San Clemente, Ca Within earshot of the sound of freedom from Camp Pendleton

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    Can I get an actual original monopod anywhere???
    thanks
    I saw your post and looked on ebay last night, no originals. First of all, did your rifle have one? There is usually a dark imprint from the monopod, on rhe stock by just behind the front band. Your stock should still have the "monopod" rear band.
    I bought one from Sarco for my "no series" Nagoya Type 99. The "foot imprint" matches the marks on the forestock.

Depending on the series, not all Type 99s had the monopod, even though they still had the correct rear band.
    Dean (the other one)
    OFC-Orange Co. Ca Chapter

6. Default

I have seen correct models w/AAC rear sights no monopod, nor one ever appears to have been mounted, but with the proper hardware to mount one. All I have seen loose are repro's.

I got a couple originals off ebay, but it was a few years ago.
    Think I paid a hundred bucks or more.
    They went on nice rifles.

$100-$150 when they show up. If you have to have one, do a lot of research and try to get it from a trusted source. There are plenty of fakes being sold as original.

The screw and nut are different on originals and the repops have the dimple mentioned by dave. Bad photos and a bit of tinkering can cover those problems up.
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.

This has been discussed a bit in the past. Unfortunately the comparison pics are bad now.
    http://www.jouster.com/forums/showth...hlight=monopod
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.