Default SRS request, please

I've given my son a 1903 Springfield s/n 1487918 and would like to be able to share any available SRS information with him. Could someone check for me?

The rifle came from the CMP and may have been manufactured around 1934 but it has a HS 12-44 barrel.
    "They've took the fun out of running the race. You never see a campfire anywhere. There's never any time for visiting." - Joe Redington Sr., 1997

2. Default

Not listed. Could have been a spare receiver that was built into a rifle during WW2.

Thank you very much for checking, m1903rifle. I would guess that December '44 would have been pretty late for them to still be building on unused receivers. It was more likely re-barreled (especially with it being a HS barrel).

The rifle was a Greek return and came with an 03A3 bolt. The non-finger groove, pinned stock has only the proof P remaining - no inspection or US rebuild cartouche. It's a typical mixture if parts but it does have a really good bore and should shoot well for him. Probably look nice too once the cosmoline is removed and it's cleaned up a bit.
    "They've took the fun out of running the race. You never see a campfire anywhere. There's never any time for visiting." - Joe Redington Sr., 1997