Thread: 13 Hours

Default 13 Hours

I just watched this one. Excellent movie on the "Battle of Bengazi." I've seen several "War on Terror" movies including "The Kingdom," "Zero Dark Thirty," and "Black Hawk Down." All were good, in fact very good, but this was probably the best. Like all "War on Terror" movies its heavy on bleeps, blunders and malfunctions. It also shows the issues of dealing with the locals in a place like Libya...who are the good guys, who are the bad guys, are the good guys reliable and on and on.

Long story short... I highly recommend this one.

2. Default

Read the book. Twice.

The movie follows it about 98%. To paraphrase another best seller book--Neither Obama or Clinton is worth to unlace the boots of those guys.

Yeah, it DOES matter.

I hear that several of the people there were advisors for the film . They all said they approved of the accuracy of the portrayal with only minor " Hollywood movie making " baggage attached .
    The big thing that impressed me was the advantage that night vision gave . I have added a clip-on medium range NVD , a Gen3 Alpha tube , to my stockpile because of this film .
    Chris

I agree with all the comments above. Those guys were hung out to dry by those in charge in the U.S......the commanders who could have responded would have lost their jobs if they had turned a wheel.

Interesting thing is I purchased the video on Sony Video when it was first available and Sony Video has not been letting me access it the past couple of months. I then purchased it on Amazon and watch at will. My tinfoil hat again?

Anyway, great book and movie, glad there are Americans like those and glad they had lots of ammo........

Ashamed of our leaders,
    Brian