1. Default Empire of the Summer Moon: Quanah Parker and the Rise and Fall of the Comanches

I not even a cowboy historian so that says a LOT when I tell you this book is good!

Quanah Parker and the Rise and Fall of the Comanches

Long read with lots of confusing names (like studying the Battle of the Bulge) but I agree it is fascinating. Always thought the Sioux and Apaches were the terrors of the West but the Comanches raided all the way to Galveston with nobody to stop them. Then the Rangers got Walker Colts with 2 cylinders each. Good history.

I had a liberal start giving me crap the other day because I didn't fall for the "Indians were perfect angels living in paradise" bit. She basically dared me to back up my opinion. I posted several Indian massacres of whites and a laundry list of Comanche tortures. She never replied which is a shame because I am legally Native American. I'm Caddo by tribal adoption and Cherokee by blood. I love when they play the "ignorant white man" card. Now I say "No, I am Native American but you didn't know because you just judged me by the color of my skin".
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.