Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

Drift the sight off of the cylinder with a brass punch. From the bottom of the sight, use a hacksaw to cut through the screw. Drill out the threaded end. Use another punch to gently tap the head of the screw out. It should push the seal out as it comes out. Soaking overnight in Kroil prior to the procedure may help it come out more smoothly.

2. Default

drill a pilot hole in the forward end of the screw and use a small EZ-out to thread the screw out, pushing the seal out in the process.

Blog Entries

I'm just spitballing, but if you could drill through the screw, the tap it for a grease zerk, you could use a grease gun to press it out hydraulically.
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

4. Default

Here is how I did it once (and I'm not saying it is the right way) to save the sight and a sight seal on a welded drill rifle GC.

I drilled the largest hole I could (without damaging the sight threads) in the front sight screw from the muzzle end. I made sure to drill deep enough that I was across the gap in the front sight. I then tapped a small spiral flute screw extractor in the hole I'd drilled and turned it CCW. The screw snapped off at the depth I'd drilled into it and the threaded stub unscrewed right out the muzzle end of the sight. I then pushed the screw head out the other end of the sight. The sight seal came right off the screw head upon removal from the sight. The seal seemed like it was tighter in the sight than it was around the screw head.

I'm not going to claim that was the best way to do it, but it worked for me and saved both the seal and the sight.
    Last edited by M1Garandy; 06-26-2016 at 10:49.

5. Default

I would use a "Body shop stud welder", then pop it off with a slide hammer. should pop off nicely with little to no damage
    liberum aeternum