Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Usn m1911 ??

1300-1400. tops.

I agree, I tried to explain to the seller about the parts.........1918 frame - common, Springfield replacement barrel - common, USN slide - not so common and that the parts didn't add up to $2,200. He said he had $2,000 in it so he was trying to get his money back.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by John C View Post
    I agree, I tried to explain to the seller about the parts.........1918 frame - common, Springfield replacement barrel - common, USN slide - not so common and that the parts didn't add up to $2,200. He said he had $2,000 in it so he was trying to get his money back.
    My humble opinion is the circled horse and 1911 patent date has real value to someone needing it!
    /Ken Hill

"Reason is not automatic. Those that deny it cannot be conquered by it!" Ayn Rand

4. Default

How may different versions (varieties) of 1912 Navy marked slides are there? And, is there a way (other than the receiver) to distinguish a 1914 Navy slide from a 1915 Navy slide?

Ken......
    You are so right on the value, if I had a Navy frame deserving of that slide I would probably cough up the money for it. Then sell the frame and barrel. I don't see early Navy slides like that come up for sale very often at all.

6. Default

Certainly worth several dollars more than your average Model 1911 in that condition.

It sold.......... http://www.gunbroker.com/item/568643212 For more than we thought it would.
    USMC 1969-1993 6333/8153/9999
    USMC Combat Pistol & Shotgun Instructor
    FBI Rangemaster

I had one almost identical to this. I paid $1400 for it because it had the very early Navy slide (but black Army frame). I looked high and low for an appropriate frame but found none. I even had a couple of dealers at gun shows trying to help me. After 2-3 years of looking I finally gave up and sold the slide. Mine was a little beat up and not in quite the condition of this one mentioned on GB but it did have the old style curved rear sight, no pitting, some brown finish left and all the markings were deep and sharp. While trying to sell it myself on ebay and GB I received a couple of lowball offers and one guy in England wanted me to hold it for him for all eternity (I guess while he looked for a frame). I finally got JackTheDog on Auction Arms to sell it for me. He got $750 for it. I kept my 1918 frame and put a BA slide on it that I already had. I came out alright but it wasn't the treasure hunt I had hoped for. Since then I found a 1912 Navy, all correct I think, and bought it.

Blog Entries

At least he had an honest description
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

10. Default

AJ.

I think he did very well indeed. (IMHO)
    /Ken Hill

"Reason is not automatic. Those that deny it cannot be conquered by it!" Ayn Rand