1. Default My pride and joy- 1911 and 1908 Vest pocket

I picked up the 1916 manufactured Colt 1911 from my friend who moved to Oz. Too much hassle to bring guns in to Oz and he being a US citizen married to an Aussie gal, well, he sold his collection. His loss my gain! Only 4200 or so Colt 1911s were made in 1916.

The 2nd pistol is a Colt 1908 Vest pocket made in 1919, the year that the MOST 1908 Vest pockets were made. I picked this up with a low bid at Rock Island Auction recently. I was really surprised the low bid held!

I shoot them, they're not safe queens.

Attached Images Attached Images

Is that a 30-06 stripper clip? Nice photos, nice pistolas.

3. Default

I believe so. Those 5 live rounds of.45 ACP are from the year 1911, stamped FA (Frankfort Arsenal) with dates 11 11 (Nov of 1911)

4. Default

Oh, the holster is Rock Island, 1913, Calvary holster.
    Last edited by Sportsdad60; 06-16-2016 at 03:34.

You did well! I go to R.I.A. previews just to oogle the goodies. Selling prices are generally to high for my wallet (meaning wife). 8-)

6. Default

Mine too Major Tom.
    I've low bid stuff in an online bid on RIA for like 4 years, this was the first time a low bid held. I think becuase is was a low auction number near the start of the auction, and they had a lot more older colts near the END of the auction so peeps were probably holding their bids for the end of the auction.

That is one magnificent 1916 Colt!

Very Nice!! I visit RIA but prices too high for my tastes.

9. Default

Thank you sirs. I am very fortunate to have this friend who's father owned both the Colt 1911 and the Springfield Trapdoor.
    He and his father took very good care of weapons and I shall do the same as they are passed down to the next generation that are 2nd amendment supporters and avid shooters (My sons age 17 and 20)