Default M1A NM interests ??

Is there much if any interest in commercial M1A's these days ?? I remember when folks wanted them but they were hard to find. A customer wants us to sell one for him and looking on Gunbroker closed and current auctions indicate it would be hard to sell. Thoughts and opinions appreciated.

Thanks,

Emri

I think folks have moved away from the M1A NM versions to the other M14 reproductions for serious shooting purposes. Then of coarse there is the inherent accuracy advantage of the AR type rifles as related to our beloved Garand actions.

I didn't buy my early NM M1A for target shooting, but enjoy the extras of excellent accuracy and trigger that it has for just shooting.

It's still a very popular rifle although there are now other companies making better quality and more expensive versions. Check out www.m14tfl.com to get a better idea of it's popularity. Gunbroker isn't necessarily the best venue for selling.

Blog Entries

Emri, check your email.

Quote Originally Posted by Herschel View Post
    Emri, check your email.
    I did and sent a reply today.

For everyone else, THANKS for your replies to my posting !!!!

Emri

7. Default

For some reason the new SA rifles don't do it for me. I just feel the need for a GI parts gun, and for some reason I always find them cheaper than commercial SA.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt K. View Post
    For some reason the new SA rifles don't do it for me. I just feel the need for a GI parts gun, and for some reason I always find them cheaper than commercial SA.
    I think that is it. The earlier Springfields had GI parts, and are the preference for most of us. Now they are un-marked and are probably Chinese/Polytech parts. Springfield has also mass produced these things where a shopper can be choosy. Many of the upper end M1A's are produced on a limited run and therefore expensive. I think the price shuts out a lot of folks especially if they want pricey components like a McMillian stock, adjustable trigger or E2 stock. I own a Springfield with all GI parts and 2 Polytech's. If I ever wear any parts out on my Chinese guns I will replace them with GI stuff. If I were to buy one now??? I would shop on GB or AA and look for an older one where the parts had been changed out already. Just my 2 cents worth.

High prices on well made M1As and new Springfield M1As turn me away. My old Devine Texas M1A is still the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
    . . . . My old Devine Texas M1A is still the best.
    Yup . . . .

That about says it all! --Jim