Default Is there any books that show where1911 pistols were shipped to, ( Charles big book )

I've Been Told that Charles 45 colt book tells where early World War 1 pistols were shipped off to but as everybody knows those books are so very expensive right now. So that anybody else make a book that might show your pistols were sent to. Or would somebody be very nice and make a copy of the page and send it to me I'm more than willing to send you a postage for it. I have a colt 1911
    SN 333782,
    Thank you much.

U.S. Military Automatic Pistols 1894-1920 by Scott Meadows has shipping list for the Model 1911, and is not unreasonable. Also it has a lot of correspondence from the period when the Model 1911 was being developed.

As to your pistol 333782, neither book will show the exact shipping date or destination, as by this time the pistols were no longer shipped in numerical serial number order.

3. Default

William Goddard's book "The Government Models" also has some shipping records. It shows a shipment of 2800 pistols shipped between June 12-18, 1918 of serial numbers 333147-338261 to "Navy Yard, Bush Terminal, Brooklyn, NY". Serial number ranges are stated as approximate. Hope this helps.

Only a letter from Colt will give you the information you are seeking.