Thread: Inland 1944

1. Default Inland 1944

Have a 1-44 Inland blue sky
    Trying to decide if it's worth finding a barrel
    Pretty nice rifle overall.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Jon

In reality it has been rebuilt and very well may be a mix of different makers parts. Just changing the barrel doesn't make an original again. The cost to restore a carbine back to what it almost was when new is very expensive now. If your carbine is a good shooter then enjoy it for that and take it out and shoot it. The import stamp is part of it's history. If the barrel is bad then by all means replace it.

My spring tube Winchester was stolen and I traded for another Winchester sight unseen but with lots of photos. It was obviously an arsenal rebuild, mix master but new springs and a great bore, reparked. My "friend" (actually we still are) neglected to take a picture of the "Blue Sky" roll stamp. It is a great shooter and I have had people make great offers, if I was wanting to sell it, and then they would see the "Blue Sky" and drop it like it was red hot. LOL

Some years ago I did trade knowingly for a Blue Sky Garand on the cheap, with a pipe that could not be described as a barrel, just for grins before it went DGR for a new barrel, we shot it and you could almost keep 8 rds. on a 4'x4' target at 100 yards.

Some Blue Sky's had very heavy import stamps that actually ovaled the barrel. Some were fine. I sold severl when they were
    first available and had no complaints has to how they shot. If it shoots fine, enjoy it as is. As Tuna said. you can never make it original
    again, only correct. Your money is better spent on ammo to enjoy the carbine

5. Default

Good points
    Thank you!

I have 1 Inland (blusky) and it shoots great. I bought a spare barrel for it but haven't needed it yet.