Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ca n of .30-06 GI ammo

A neighbor wants to sell a Spam can of GI .30 cal. AP M2, 192 rounds. Marked TW mfg. He is asking $250 for it. Is this in the ball park for what these cans are selling for now?

Over 2.00 dollars a round? Certainly it is not worth that much!!? And it may be corrosive too, not necessarily bad but I would not use it in a semi auto. And many ranges out law AP use. I have over a hundred rounds I'd sell for that!
    You can never go home again.

Arithmetic wasn't your favorite subject, was it dave. $250 for 192 rounds comes out to about $1.30/round which sounds reasonable to me. IIRC, TW switched to non-corrosive in 1954.
    "They've took the fun out of running the race. You never see a campfire anywhere. There's never any time for visiting." - Joe Redington Sr., 1997

Thanks IditarodJoe for the math correction. I will try to get his best offer, maybe offer him $225 and see what happens.

RCK - I checked my records and Twin Cities Arsenal (TW) used non-corrosive primers in their AP ammo beginning with lot number 19776 (Feb 1952). HTH
    "They've took the fun out of running the race. You never see a campfire anywhere. There's never any time for visiting." - Joe Redington Sr., 1997

I've shot the black tip stuff in high power competition and it was pretty accurate. It was corrosive and a PIA to clean my M1. It will punch a hole in 1/2" a 500 steel plate @150 yards.

7. Default

If it's 192 rounds it's on enblocs and in bandoliers. That is a good $30-40 in four bandos and 24 clips.

CMP is selling Greek HXP ball, 192 rds/on clips/bandoleers for $115.00

https://estore.thecmp.org/store/cata...ogList&cat=AMC
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by IditarodJoe View Post
    Arithmetic wasn't your favorite subject, was it dave. $250 for 192 rounds comes out to about $1.30/round which sounds reasonable to me. IIRC, TW switched to non-corrosive in 1954.
    Of course you are correct Joe! No, it was not my favorite subject but I always passed with decent grades!
    Gime a break tho, at 82 head don't work like it used to! hehe!
    You can never go home again.

Hehe! Consider the break given, dave. Once my brain also worked in eight-track stereo . . . now most days I'm down to single track mono (and with a lot of scratching and popping at that).