Thread: Bren Gun

Default Bren Gun

I stopped by Cabelas down near La Marque (Tx) today in in the used gun section was a Bren Gun. Yes there was. About $3,000.00 drive out. They also had an RPK but I wasn't moved by that sitting next to this really nice Bren Mk VII. Lovely gun, very well cared for from what I could see.

Well you don't see that everyday, especially priced to move. Don't expect that one to be around next time I stop by.
    Last edited by Art; 06-07-2016 at 02:15.

Original, weld_up, or new receiver?
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Looks original to me but I'm not the Bren guru. No visible weld marks I could find. Nice late model Bren from what I could see without taking it apart of course.

At that price and at Cabela's I'm assuming it's a semi auto from someone such as Wiselite.
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

Quote Originally Posted by JB White View Post
    At that price and at Cabela's I'm assuming it's a semi auto from someone such as Wiselite.
    Could very well be. You sometimes find a good buy at Cabela's but you're right it's not the way to bet.

Art

I played with it last Sunday. My jaw dropped open when I saw it sitting on the table and the $2800 price. It sure was heavy but it was the first and probably only time I would ever hold one. I couldn't find anyone to answer my questions about it so I went to the gun sales counter and asked a young man does the gun work and he said he thought so but it was apparent he knew zip about. My wife was driving home so I googled $2800 Brens and found that they are semi auto and reworked. If I had $2800 I would have bought it.
    To Error Is Human To Forgive Is Not SAC Policy

There have been several makers of semi auto BREN guns. I have fired one made by Historic Arms a good bit. They make a conversion from .303 to 7.62x54R, which also ran well, but not with the original magazines. I believe they are still being made for about that price.

Mine has the "go fast switch"