Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Theodore Roosevelt Commemorative Match

Howdy all.

The US National Matches are coming up soon. For those of you unaware... this year for the first time, there will be a Theodore Roosevelt Commemorative Match - open to U.S. Krags and early 1903 Rifles only (no 1903A1 or 1903A3). The match will take place on the morning of Sunday, 14 August 2016 on the Viale Range at Camp Perry in Port Clinton Ohio.

I will be there with my son and Madsenshooter. I want to extend an invitation to any Krag shooters who would like to squad with us. I think it would be a great sight to see a bunch of Krags together on the firing line! As the date gets closer, we can make arrangements of where and when to meet (Madsenshooter and I usually meet at the entrance gate to the Viale Range).

Hope to see a lot of my Krag brothers there!
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo

Man, that's fantastic!

Not trying to cause a dispute where none is intended, but will those "early" M1903s include low-numbered ones? Just curious.
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

I would assume. Given the discussions on the 1903/1903A1/1903A3 thread about the recent destruction of a low numbered 03, I'm not sure many would be willing to shoot them anytime soon!
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo

I seriously doubt the organizers will allow 'low-numbered' rifles.
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Rick the Librarian View Post
    Not trying to cause a dispute where none is intended, but will those "early" M1903s include low-numbered ones? Just curious.
    Hey Rick, this is REALLY premature, but would you ever consider a trip to Perry? We'd probably want to meet in SLC or something similar (haven't even looked at a map yet) though that would not be an absolute requirement. Obviously not this year, and probably not next, but how about at least thinking of 2018? We could visit Al Frasca for sure and possibly even RIA as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Hosmer View Post
    Hey Rick, this is REALLY premature, but would you ever consider a trip to Perry? We'd probably want to meet in SLC or something similar (haven't even looked at a map yet) though that would not be an absolute requirement. Obviously not this year, and probably not next, but how about at least thinking of 2018? We could visit Al Frasca for sure and possibly even RIA as well.
    If you do... please let me know, as I only live about an hour and a half from Perry. I would love to meet up for a coffee and some great conversation!

Quote Originally Posted by psteinmayer View Post
    If you do... please let me know, as I only live about an hour and a half from Perry. I would love to meet up for a coffee and some great conversation!
    Absolutely!!!

Wow. That'd be fun for you guys. Wish I lived close by.

Good Lord, Fred, Rick and I would be coming from Seattle and Sacramento respectively. Nebraska is almost next door (relatively speaking) - but it IS on our route - we could probably get together coming or going.
    Last edited by Dick Hosmer; 06-17-2016 at 02:45. Reason: reviewed cartographical data