Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Instructor said, "In a real knife fight, everyone gets cut." If the other guy knows you have a knife, you played it wrong. Regards, Clark

Coming overhead with a knife it too dumb to believe. The alternative, holding someone hostage with a knife belly level is iffy. Someone with quick reflexes has your wrist before you can poke.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.

Having looked into videos of knife fighting techniques, I am putting my knife away. There is no way I can execute the skill to survive. It has been said that it is not a knife fight, it is a contest to determine who dies last.

Brought back memories: 1976, New Orleans, Canal Street, about midnight waiting for a bus to get back to my hotel. I was worried then, but, had no trouble. My hotel was just across the street from the PD parish precinct. There was a bar close by where off duty cops would go. Had to ring to get in. Cops told me I was very lucky that night.
    Ah, New Orleans where you can walk around all day or night carrying/drinking booze in a plastic cup, but, they don't recognize out of State CCW permits!

5. Default

I've been successful in avoiding deadly conflicts to date. I carry a knife, but it's something to open the mail, trim coupons and overall utility tool. In a survival situation, my goal is to prevent anyone, with a knife or not, from getting anywhere closer than about 15' of me. This means avoiding late night walks in dimly lit alleys, or rough neighborhoods. 9mm summer carry and .45ACP winter carry suit me better than pretending I could hurt some motivated and experienced street thug with a knife.

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post
    Coming overhead with a knife it too dumb to believe. The alternative, holding someone hostage with a knife belly level is iffy. Someone with quick reflexes has your wrist before you can poke.
    @ the academy we were taught the use of the PR-24 for a knife fight in place of your pdw. The PR-24 will come out of the holster @ 95 MPH and snap a pool cue, I have seen it done. In training we used baseball bats in place of pool cues, they will break too.
    Sam

I have visited New Orleans many times in the mid 70's. Canal Street is usually vacant of autos late at night. Even back then I would not have thought of walking it alone at night. I always stayed at a hotel at the edge of Bourbon St. Chicago's State St. downtown is same way. Gangs run the area at night.

If I were ever threatened with a knife I would let the guy talk to Mr. Ruger. thankfully Arizona does not require a licence to carry