Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter5 Guest

Thanx for the comments and advice!

How are things working out for you so far?

Shooter5 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    How are things working out for you so far?
    Absolutely great! Currently 1 month into a 2 month vacation seeing America from coast to coast! Only deadline is to make it back for kids school in august. The rest we figure out each morning after coffee. Later, am considering applying for JRTC instructor and/or GI Bill for teaching degree.
    Last edited by Shooter5; 07-15-2016 at 12:07.

I have absolutely no wisdom to share, just my congratulations.

My son saw his one year service anniversary in USAF this past week..... (grin)..

Enjoy!
    Tommy

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter5 View Post
    Absolutely great! Currently 1 month into a 2 month vacation seeing America from coast to coast! Only deadline is to make it back for kids school in august. The rest we figure out each morning after coffee. Later, am considering applying for JRTC instructor and/or GI Bill for teaching degree.
    Going back to work ?????

Shooter5 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Going back to work ?????
    Yes sir, considering it!

One's professional life is over and a new role as full time House and Garden mule begins. I am in no hurry to take that on.

I have made the decision to take myself to "on call" only during warm months. This will be basically for vacation fill in and such nonsense. Just can't see myself fully "retired", like to have a job you know.
    Sam

18 years retired, and I mean retired, no job... Traveling, diving, fishing, taking care of the yard, doing what ever I want, Life is good.
    Last edited by noslack327; 09-04-2016 at 06:44.

Shooter5,

Good for you. I hope your retirement gives you the freedom to pursue your current interests and develop new ones. My experiences with an early retirement are similar to those who contributed to this thread. I admit that I felt some guilt about suddenly not having something to do after 34 years of work, mostly stressful. My last day was October 1, 1998 so I didn't have much going on once the colder months came. CJ's advice was good - it took me 6 months to get a grip on the feelings of being suddenly unemployed.
    Last edited by Merc; 09-13-2016 at 12:45.