Default Aquired a 6.5 Jap Type 38 Rifle need a good boolit for it

Hi guys I have a Jap 6.5 type 38 rifle. The only reason I bought it was I have a real good old neighbor that was like a grandpa to my children. When he died his wife gave me a picture of him on one of the islands, holding a very worn torn Jap flag and a TYPE 38 rifle. Sooooo, I'm kinda making a MEMORIAL for him on a wall with the picture and the same flag he's holding and the TYPE 38. He was ARMY MOP UP after the Marines took an island. He served on all islands the marines took. Told me some wild stories. But of course for me I have to enjoy shooting everything I own, so I just slugged the bore .269 is the measurement I get. Do you know anyone that might have some .270 boolits cast GC 140gr. I posted on CastBoolits 5 days ago and no hits from anyone there. Found out the .264 140gr hornady boattails don't work!
    Thanks for any help!
    This was a trainer rifle as it has 00 in front of serial#. And 3 O's stamped in the MUM. Still figured it should shoot decent with the right recipe.
    TerryR
    DSCN5293.jpg

If it's a training rifle then it is NOT TO BE SHOT!!!!!! They were never meant to be fired. If it's one that had been a real rifle that was then turned over to be a training rifle then it is useable. Try flat based bullets instead of boat tail bullets. If it was picked up on one of the islands I would assume it to be a real rifle and not one meant for training.

The three O's stamped on the mum usually means a rifle (real firer able rifle) turned over to a school or such institution. I would be very careful however as real trainers had cast iron receivers and were meant only for blanks. Why it would be on an island is a mystery! If it was Okinawa maybe, (a school was on that island).
    Collectors usually refer to these as school rifles, not trainers.
    You can never go home again.

So did you find any rifling when you slugged it? It's a rounded rifling. NOE bullet molds makes 6.5 molds that drop a bullet big enough.
    "I have sworn upon the Altar of God, eternity hostility upon all forms of tyranny over the minds of man." - Thomas Jefferson

Two or three zeros in front of the serial number (of a different font or spacing) indicates a school rifle which is a real rifle and should be fine to fire. NOTE: I said SHOULD....
    "Training" rifles are basically dummy rifles which sometimes did not even have a chamber but could be blank firing single shots, or repeaters.

Just a late update for clarification.
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.