Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm back

1. Default

Yes, but the oval table was too small.
    A little incapacitated now, I cannot get out to take good pictures.
    BTW, the serial number of that M97 is # 955552 and has a "43" bbl. date. Must be one of the last ones? Big Larry

I am really glad to see you back Larry. I enjoy our talks on the Marine Sniper Rifles and I hope to have many more!

I hope you stick around, your knowledge is always appreciated!

Steve Norton

3. Default

Got a new and bigger table. big larry

Hi Larry, glad to have you back.
    Nice trench gun.
    Last edited by Dave L; 05-29-2016 at 02:55.

5. Default

Thanks again folks. Didn't think anyone would remember me.
    I changed direction and started a S&W collection and also some Rugers. Then I got back into Winchesters, my 1st love.
    I did save some of my military collection. There were a few pieces I just could not part with, the biggie is my 1943 Savage Thompson M1. Something to be said about owning a live and legal Submachinegun. Thanks, Big Larry

Welcome back Larry. I know you sold off most if not all of your shotgun collection but did you save your pics. for reference? I remember a pic. of a stock marking that was stamped right on top of a knot or burl in the wood. You did good holding on to the Thompson. It will do nothing but go up in value.
    James B.

7. Default

A couple days after paying $4,500 for the Thompson, I received a call with a $30,000 offer. The values have gone down some with the poor economy, but I think I could still get $20,000 for it. I will be handing this gun over to my Great Grandson who is a Deputy Sheriff in Northern Utah. He is a gun nut and a great Deputy. I am very proud of him.
    I did save some pics but do not recall the one with the knot. I used to have a M1892 SRC that had a large knot in the stock. I wondered how it passed inspection.
    BTW, the original owner bought that Tommy gun from Interarmco in 1964 for less than $50. No import marks on the gun. Too early. He was a Captain on the Birmingham PD and didn't have to pay the $200 tax either. Big Larry

8. Default

Great memory, James B. That was Big Larry's Model 12 riot gun. The Ordnance mark was stamped right on top of a big knot on the stock causing it to not show up very well.

Hey Big Larry, good to hear from you again. Years ago you helped me authenticate a M12 Trench gun I was looking at to buy while at a gun shop and I had called you at your home while looking at the gun and you walked me through over the phone on what to look for and I bought it. Ray

10. Default

My memory is getting bad. I am 73 years old now and my wife of 50 years passed a year ago. I live alone with 8 cats. Still manage to buy a gun just about every month. I just buy what I see and like now. Big Larry