Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm back

1. Default I'm back

Couple weeks ago, I was offered a near to mint, WW2 M97 Winchester Trenchgun. I had already sold off my entire US martial arms collection and had no intention of starting another one, but this shotgun became available at less than $3,000. I still have a few of my old US guns, but not the extent of what I once had. Not the proclaimed expert I might have been at one time, I have forgotten most all I knew.
    Big Larry

2. Default

Hi Larry
    Nice to see you.
    I don't collect much anymore either. Getting older does that to you.
    But that one would be impossible to pass up.

3. Default

That you Bruce? Long time no hear from. I am into Winchester M1892's M1894's and any old Winchester 22. Big Larry

Very Nice. Wish it was mine.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Big Larry View Post
    That you Bruce? Long time no hear from. I am into Winchester M1892's M1894's and any old Winchester 22. Big Larry
    Dats me.
    Lately I have been shooting lever actions: Winchester 73 by Winchester (japan) and Uberti. And Marlin 336 from around 1980. It's all guns.

6. Default

My Winchester collection runs from 1899-1960. Some are really sweet. Big Larry

7. Default

Hey Big Larry, welcome back!! Your presence has been missed. See you over on the S&W Forum occasionally, but your wisdom and knowledge has been sorely missed on CSP. Hope you stay for a while.
    "There's a race of men that don't fit in,
    A race that can't stay still;
    So they break the hearts of kith and kin,
    And they roam the world at will." - Robert Service

Blog Entries

Thanks for coming back. I learned much from you in the old CSP days.
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

9. Default

Thanks guys. I had just decided to sell off all my militaria and go in a different direction. Collected Rugers and Smith and Wessons for a while and then got big into Winchesters.
    That beautiful Trenchgun came my was a couple weeks ago, and for the asking price, I could not turn it down. Thanks, Big Larry

Didn't that table use to be sort of Oval ?

Glad you are Back !!