Default New *Inland* commercial carbine review

Just a note:

http://www.forgottenweapons.com/ has a video review in 2 parts about the new Inland repro carbines. Evidently *most* if not all of the parts are either cast and then machined as needed, or stamped. They don't say if the one they reviewed, was one of the early production ones, of which a lot of problems were reported. Or a later one after the problems were mostly corrected.

They do say at a m.s.p. of around $1,100 USD for the prince, the quality isn't that good. And you can still pick up WW2 production rifles under $800 USD if yo shop *CAREFULLY*.

I did like the comment that the Inland Repro didn't *smell right*! All the Bore Cleaner, Oil, and B.L.O used to keep the original ww2 carbines ready for action, soaked into the walnut furniture. gives a US Mil surplus rifle a never to be forgotten aroma.

RHB

You really don't want to judge these new carbines by an original. They are basically an AO carbine under a different name. They have many of the same problems as the AO.

Got in one for a customer that just didn't want to shoot his original. Accurancy was much better than my late 44 inland holding just over an inch @ 100 yrds from bench with Herters ammo. Cust also wanted the rotary safety installed instead of the button one supplied. A surplus unit dropped in perfectly. As far as after market carbine go. This is the best I've seen so far. Do not expect big discounts on these. The markup at this point is very slim.

Your in New Jersey but can order one????? I though the carbine was BANNED in Jersey????????

Blog Entries

His buddy saying all carbines malfunction should shoot my Winchester
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

No, I escaped about three years ago and now reside in Georgia

I recently purchased one of the new Inland Advisor M1 Carbine Pistols. It is a Clone to the ones that were chopped Carbines in Vietnam. I carried one of them in Nam, and even though these are expensive, decided I had to have one for nostalgia purpose, and to add to my SHTF Gear.

I put it into a chopped M1 Carbine to better replicate the one I carried in Nam. Took it apart, inspected and cleaned. Will take it to the range soon to shoot along sine my 1943 Underwood.

both slings.jpg

Inland Manufacturing has released there Advisor Pistol, a replica of these unique Carbines used in Vietnam. This is being made and sold as a legal pistol, so It does not need a normal stock, and can have a very short barrel.

I purchased one, and then purchased a M1 Carbine stock to put it in to replicate the one I had in Vietnam. The Carbine stock is cut off at the grip.

I took it apart, cleaned and lubed good, and off to the range today. Fired a 15 and 30 round mag through both my 43 Underwood and the Advisor, and not a single glitch.

This is the Advisor as sold.

Advisor.jpg

Here are my Underwood and Advisor in a chopped M1 Carbine stock to more replicate the one I carried in Nam.

both slings.jpg

I carried a chopped M2 Carbine in Vietnam, and have always wanted a clone of it. The Enforcers made several years ago looked decent, but I wanted one that looked like my old one, and was reliable enough to be part of my Home Defense, and SHTF Gear.

When the Inland Advisor was released, I had one already on order. When I received it, I took it apart, cleaned, inspected, and lubed it.

The parkerizing on it was actually a little on the thick side, but not a problem. I test fitted the bolt and trigger from the 43 Underwood into it, and they fitted perfectly, and the bolt even passed the go/no go test.

I took them both to the range, and the Advisor handled a few 15 and 30 round mags just fine, and even feed Soft Points with out even have to do any work to the feed ramp like I had to on my Underwood.

No problems at all.