Default Quality Hardware question

What parts were blued (if any) on the Quality Hardware M1 carbine?

2. Default Q parts

Quote Originally Posted by BEAR View Post
    What parts were blued (if any) on the Quality Hardware M1 carbine?
    The bolt and its components. Maybe mag catch. Depends on parts maker. Early rear sights ??

Quote Originally Posted by wtmr View Post
    The bolt and its components. Maybe mag catch. Depends on parts maker. Early rear sights ??
    Thanks
    I am mostly interested in the recoil plate. Mr. Canfield's book isn't specific about blued parts except the bolt.

4. Default

All the Q-DA (very early mfg.) or DA-Q recoil plates I've seen were phosphated...

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyo55 View Post
    All the Q-DA (very early mfg.) or DA-Q recoil plates I've seen were phosphated...
    Thanks for the reply. After a week of research on this carbine I have been able to determine (with help from other sites) that the recoil plate is a Winchester that is parked but blued on top(?). In fact the whole stock, handguard and butt plate are Winchester mfg.

I don't think recoil plates on QHMC carbines were ever blued. Bolts, firing pins, extractors, and various pins were blued or DuLite finished. Some mag catches, hammers, sears, and hammer spring plungers were blued. Don't know if it is true for QHMC carbines but I think some type 1 barrel bands and front sights were blued.

Maybe your recoil plate had worn finish on top and someone used cold blue to put finish back on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike in NC View Post
    Maybe your recoil plate had worn finish on top and someone used cold blue to put finish back on it.
    I think you are correct. I don't believe the stock group and handguard are original to this carbine.

Mike is right. Early barrel bands and even receivers were blued like with Inland.