Default 1911A1 Bring Back Papers?

A fellow collector asked me if I could help him out with this. He purchased the pistol from a sale and asked the vets widow if she had any paperwork on her husbands pistol as he wanted to register it. The lady dug around and found this and gave it to him. It appears to be original and not something that was faked as with some other capture papers. I am baffled. At first I was not familiar with amended section VIII, circular 267 as I mostly do ETO items and for the most part they do not use this reference. However, after further review it appears most of the items coming out of the PTO are cited this way. I've talked to a few other collectors that have seen somewhat similar paperwork and thought maybe it was in reference to a GI weapon that had been (re) captured from an enemy and they allowed the soldier to keep it. Without actually reading circular 267 I am doubtful. Anyone have any ideas. I have seen paperwork allowing officers to buy M1 Garands from either Oki or Guam after the war but this was a first for me. Regards,

By the way the pistol is in great condition... since its not mine I redacted the information.Pistol-Bring-Back-Papers-we.jpg

Since when is a 1911 a "revolver'? I've seen the official FORM (receipt) used to sell side arms to officers, & of course the "bring back" FORM(S) that my father had for the P38, Lugar and old French revolver that he brought back from the ETO. Maybe I'm wrong, but this looks like something that a couple of officer yahoo's cooked up with a typewriter & a plain piece of paper to get the pistol past the ignorant clerk at the Army PO. If you were lucky enough to find yourself in the right set off circumstances you could do stuff like that. My friend's father, a supply officer in the ETO at the end of the war, shipped home an absolutely pristine Underwood carbine, a benefit of his being good drinking buddies with the guys at the Army PO.

I find that somewhat suspect.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by joem View Post
    I find that somewhat suspect.
    Agreed. The Official Stamp is nothing more than a time received stamp that probably every clerk had on his desk. It's all baloney from what I can see.