Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bayonet lug

I simply pointed out (correctly) that according to Reisch the carbine with bayonet lug was introduced in time to have seen use in Europe prior to May 8, 1945. Did any actually get sent to the ETO? Maybe yes, maybe no. I certainly don't know. Johnny P certainly doesn't know. In the absence of documentary evidence it's all just wild speculation. Dare I ask . . . why does it matter?
    "They've took the fun out of running the race. You never see a campfire anywhere. There's never any time for visiting." - Joe Redington Sr., 1997

The type 3 band did show up in Europe BUT it was post war with the occupying troops. Some may have made it to the Philippines just before the surrender of Japan. The M2 carbines did make it there very late in the war and if the M2 carbines made it then the type 3 band did too as the M1A1 and later the M2 got the type 3 bands. Inland started using the type 3 band in November 1944 and continued to use them till the end of production in August/September 1945

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
    The type 3 band did show up in Europe BUT it was post war with the occupying troops.
    If you can share your source for that information, I would be very interested.
    "They've took the fun out of running the race. You never see a campfire anywhere. There's never any time for visiting." - Joe Redington Sr., 1997