1. Default Finn family portrait...

My interest was piqued by a recent post regarding SKY M39 serial numbers on another forum and I decided to get mine out of the safe and check the s/n. Of course, it was at the back of the safe, so I had to pull out all the other Finns out to get to it.

Decided it was a great family photo op...

...a fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place...

Nice "family." You make me feel much better towards my own tendencies. Congratulations on your collection, Sir.
    "Wars are, of course, as a rule to be avoided; but they are far better than certain kinds of peace." - T.R.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Liam View Post
    Nice "family." You make me feel much better towards my own tendencies. Congratulations on your collection, Sir.
    Thanks, Liam! If that first family portrait made you feel better, then this one, of the cousins, should also help...

Blog Entries

A friend of mine wrote Rifles of the white death: A collector's and shooter's guide to Finnish military rifles, 1918-1944, Douglas Bowser. I think he is still a member here past the 2009 event.

PM me for his phone number if you want, he's retired, likes to talk about the hobby.
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by PhillipM View Post
    A friend of mine wrote Rifles of the white death: A collector's and shooter's guide to Finnish military rifles, 1918-1944, Douglas Bowser. I think he is still a member here past the 2009 event.

PM me for his phone number if you want, he's retired, likes to talk about the hobby.
    I have an auto graphed copy of Doug's book. I've spoken to him by phone in the past, but lost his number. I'll PM you.

Blog Entries

Doug's number is 6013418797

He had some heart problems a couple weeks ago, I'm sure he's laid up and bored.

My private messenger is malfuctioning, I need to tidy it up. Doug lists ads all over the Internet with his number, so I don't think he would mind it out in the open.
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

Blog Entries

Doug's number is 6013418797

He had some heart problems a couple weeks ago, I'm sure he's laid up and bored.

My private messenger is malfuctioning, I need to tidy it up. Doug lists ads all over the Internet with his number, so I don't think he would mind it out in the open.
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)

8. Default

Thanks, Phillip