Thread: 1911a1 parts

Default 1911a1 parts

How can I tell if all the parts on my Colt are original , or at least correct ? It has serial no 1170xxx. The barrel is marked Colt 45 auto on the lower left side of the chamber just over the lug. Also what looks to be a P on the lug on the same side. The slide has a "P" on the top just in front of the rear sight. The left side has Colt's PT F.A.MFG CO. Hartford CT. USA. The Colt logo , and several patent numbers with the last being AUG 19, 1913. The frame is marked United States Property and M1911A1 U. S. ARMY. It has GHD on the left side behind the trigger , a "P" behind the Mag release, and some logo on the right side behind the top of the grip , very faint. It looks like a "48" in tiny numbers on the right top front of the trigger guard. There is something on the left side but it is so small that I can't make it out. Looks like a triangle with an "8" over it. The Mag has a "C-S" on the bottom. Brown plastic grips.
    None of the other parts are marked that I can find. The finish is matching, and remarkably complete, so it looks to be the same period. Should any of the small parts be marked ? I have a guy that wants to buy it, and I would like to be sure it is correct.
    By the way, when I bought it I got a spare slide with it. It's an ITHACA GUN CO. INC. Also in very good shape for its age. Most of the finish on it and no rust or pitting. Can someone give me a ballpark figure of what it's worth ?
    Thanks for any help.

Tom

Pics would help.

The triangle has a common leg VP inside it for Verified Proof which was Colt's assurance that the pistol had passed all tests and inspections. The letter or number above the verified proof is the identification for Colt's final inspector. If you look on the opposite side of the trigger guard you will find the number that identifies the Colt assembler.