1. Default Opinions on NPM M1

Hello to you all; just spotted a NPM carbine that has the wartime features. I doubt she is exactly as issued in '44, but the parts, at least, seem to be correctly marked.
    Would you please take a look at pics and give your opinion?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Default

More pics

3. Default

And finally the stock.
    Thanks in advance.

I see import marks on both the barrel and on the receiver (right side along the slide rail). The flip sight looks like a repro to me. The trigger housing has a drain hole in back of the mag catch that has been added during a rebuild activity. I am pretty sure the N9 trigger housing is to early for this late of NPM carbine. Same issue with the N8 slide too early for this receiver. The stock has been through a rebuild as evidenced by the "P" stamp on the front of the pistol grip. I can't tell for sure, but the finish on the type 1 band looks suspicious to me. It looks like a NPM bolt. I can see the "N" but I can't tell the number from the picture, no way to tell if it is correct time range for the receiver. In any case the bolt is parked instead of original DuLite finish. It could be a great shooter, but it looks like an amateur attempt at a restoration. Someone put a bunch of assorted NPM parts that had been through rebuild activities on a NPM barreled receiver along with at least a repro rear sight if not also repro type 1 barrel band. Again, I am not sure about the barrel band from these pictures.

5. Default

Hi Mike, lot of infos here, tanks!
    Actually, I've seen some rebuild signs, and I could live with it; but if the parts are faked, I think I will pass.
    Bolt number is 11, while the slide could be also 9. Are you sure the flip sight is a repro? And the stock?
    Thanks again.

Yes, I am quite certain the flip sight is reproduction. I don't think the stock is faked, but it has been through a rebuild activity. I would have to dig out some references, but I think a 11 bolt is too early as is a 9 slide for this late NPM carbine. It looks to me like someone just gathered up whatever NPM parts they could find and put them on this carbine along with a repro rear sight. Look for stake marks from an adjustable rear sight.

Do not walk away from this carbine....RUN! It has been thru rebuilds. The rear sight is a poor fake. It has been reparked. It has had an adjustable sight on it. ETC...

8. Default

Thank you for your appreciated inputs, 👍