Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Voere mdl 2006

Default Voere mdl 2005

CORRECTION:
    I pulled the Voere out, don't ask how long it's been sealed up, and discovered I had written down the wrong model number.

It's model 2005

In going through my firearms I ran across a Voere model 2005 22lr open bolt I have had for years and it just sits back in a corner of a safe.
    Does anyone know anything about this model rifle? I bought it from a friend years ago and it just sits.
    I'm thinking I might take it to a local gun shop along with an 1897 12 ga. my wife got for me about 35 years ago and see what I might get for both of them.
    I just don't think I'll ever use either one and neither will the kids.
    Thanks for any insight on this Voere.
    Last edited by duke133; 04-27-2016 at 01:50. Reason: needed my glasses!

Go to Rinfire Central site they have a forum on 'Other Rimfire Rifle Brands'. I see the name mention often but never read them so know nothing about them. That 1897 should be worth some money so go slow and do some research. Dealers are not known for their charity!
    Last edited by dave; 04-26-2016 at 03:35.
    You can never go home again.

Dave,
    This 1897 came from my wife. A Christmas or anniversary present when we were very young and neither of us knew much about them. Now I know more, enough to be dangerous, and have a "real" US '97 from the '40's.
    This one has been parkerized, stock is not the best and non military and the serial numbers don't match. It fires well but I just don't need it. I know about dealers and their reputations (not all of them of course) but I do believe I won't get hurt considering what she paid for it back when.
    Thanks

Do you recall shooting the Voere, duke? I've never even thought about a .22 that fires from an open bolt. I'd be curious about accuracy. I wasn't able to find any information about that model. Is it a single shot or semiautomatic?
    Last edited by IditarodJoe; 04-27-2016 at 06:46.
    "They've took the fun out of running the race. You never see a campfire anywhere. There's never any time for visiting." - Joe Redington Sr., 1997

5. Default

The first Marlin 22 semiauto was their model 50, fired from an open bolt. Wasn't a success, quickly replaced by their A1 model firing from a closed bolt. I own a Voere 30/06, Mauser action, excellent fit and finish. And someday I will get around to firing it.

Inquired on RFC, got two answers so far. Both said hard to find parts. But they are very simple and seldom if ever need parts. Mags are hard to find and cost around 75 bucks when found. Rifle generally sell in 400-600 dollar range, condition being the most deciding factor I imagine. Some were converted to full auto, if yours has, destroyed it as it would be illegal! If any thing more comes in I will be back.

IditarodJoe,
    I did fire the Voere at a range about 10 years ago I guess. It is accurate but there is no comparison between it and my M2 which is a tack driver but now in the safe.

Dave,
    At least the mag isn't as expensive as an M2. The condition is probably 98 to 99% if you ask me. As to autogettum, no, would not take the chance. Besides, I've had enough time with full and select fire weapons.
    Don't think I need one but would really like to have a 21/28 overstamp!
    Thanks for the price range info. I don't believe I have ever seen another one of these rifles around so I have no idea what they might bring.

Another comment on RFC. There is one on Gun Broker now, has met reserve of 700 dollar. Parts very hard to find, simple action not likely to go wrong, mag expensive, etc. One for sale may have wrong mag.
    Last edited by dave; 04-28-2016 at 01:26.

Do you know the auction number of the rifle the person on RFC was looking at, dave? I just now searched "Voere" on Gunbroker. Unchanged from last night. Seven Voere .22 LR rifles come up, none of which is specifically listed as a model 2005. None has a reserve. Six are single shots with starting prices under $150. The remaining one is a "Voere NATO Puma Laufstahl 22LR Made in Austria" with a $350 starting price that is missing it's magazine and front sight. None of the seven rifles currently has gotten any bids.

There are also about a dozen Voere .22 magazines listed and they are fairly expensive ($60-$100 range). One listed as an "Orig Austrian Voere Model 2005 10 rd Magazine Mag" has a starting price of $79.95 and a Buy It Now price of $94.95.
    "They've took the fun out of running the race. You never see a campfire anywhere. There's never any time for visiting." - Joe Redington Sr., 1997