Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default

If you look at the other Winchester's from that time period they all have the same u.s. and bomb the winder lo wall muskets the 1903's .22 wrf that went to the Air Service and the 94's and the 1890's slide actions so the marked Winchester's must have gone through the same place to be stamped

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by scosgt View Post
    It was never a riot gun. It is a totally correct and mint WWI trench. Learn from this grasshopper.
    No one ever said it was a riot, I was just stating the fact that in the SRS this particular serial number is bracketed by a large number of 97R's. There are also a couple of 97 with no R suffix in the mix as well, so I am certain it is a real trench.
    "There's a race of men that don't fit in,
    A race that can't stay still;
    So they break the hearts of kith and kin,
    And they roam the world at will." - Robert Service

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SPEEDGUNNER View Post
    No one ever said it was a riot, I was just stating the fact that in the SRS this particular serial number is bracketed by a large number of 97R's. There are also a couple of 97 with no R suffix in the mix as well, so I am certain it is a real trench.
    Again, there are almost no known "riot" guns from WWI. The order was all for trench guns, although that was not the official designation. It is in the trench range, it is for sure an original trench.

4. Default

This shotgun just sold for $7,001.00!!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=551851248

5. Default

Wasn't that my exact prediction???

6. Default

Yes, you were right on! It was a very nice '97.

What, no bayonet for it?

8. Default

You guys have it all wrong. At one time I owned the nicest WW1 Trenchgun in existence. It was dead mint and US marked. Came out of Felix Bedlands collection. I auctioned it for $13,000. Big Larry

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Big Larry View Post
    You guys have it all wrong. At one time I owned the nicest WW1 Trenchgun in existence. It was dead mint and US marked. Came out of Felix Bedlands collection. I auctioned it for $13,000. Big Larry
    But we never saw that one so I had it right!

A quick question for the experts....Should there be a "pat appl for" marking above the sling swivel on the bayonet attachment ?