Shooter5 Guest

Good for Tennessee
    Democrat: A person too stupid to know they're a communist.

If you heard my shot, I wasn't aiming at you.

Yup. Good to see all those jobs going to a 2nd Amendment friendly state. I have a question for any member who knows something about corporate tax accounting. With the corporate offices located in MD and all manufacturing in TN, which state gets the lion's share of the tax revenue?
    Last edited by IditarodJoe; 04-18-2016 at 01:30. Reason: oops!
    "They've took the fun out of running the race. You never see a campfire anywhere. There's never any time for visiting." - Joe Redington Sr., 1997

4. Default

Tax is where the HQ is. That's why corporations bid one state against another to get the HQ to locate in their state.

Bummer. So MD still gets the lion's share of tax revenue from Baretta, CT from Ruger, MA from Smith & Wesson, &c. . . . So what gunmakers are both headquartered and manufacture in 2A friendly states?
    "They've took the fun out of running the race. You never see a campfire anywhere. There's never any time for visiting." - Joe Redington Sr., 1997

Quote Originally Posted by tanker trash View Post
    Tax is where the HQ is. That's why corporations bid one state against another to get
    the HQ to locate in their state.
    If you refer to the physical location (bricks and mortar) not true. The tax is paid to the state where
    the business is INCORPORATED. That's why many businesses here in PA, including the one I worked
    for some 35 years were incorporated in Delaware, which has much more reasonable corporate taxes.
    There are many other examples, this is just one I'm familiar with.

When the politicians learn why people move (high taxes, gov interference), the economy may get back on it's feet.