Default S&W Clasic Series Revolvers

The S&W Gods have smiled , and three back-ordered Smith Classic series revolvers just arrived for customers. A K-17 6" 22lr,a M-27 6.5" .357, and a M25 6.5" 45LC. I always check all firearms for defects before calling customers for pickup and I'm amazed at the fit and finish of all three. Most impressive is the lockup of the cylinders on all chambers. I own quite a few Smith revolvers, and these are by far tighter than any I own.
    My only guess is that this series is assembled by either their custom shop, or most senior smiths.

While its easy to decry to death of the "classic" all forged parts Smith & Wesson Revolver, I agree that the current lot, (crush fit barrels, MIM parts made largely by CNC machines and all that) as far as fit where it counts, and function are as good as any revolvers Smith & Wesson has ever made.

I've been waiting almost 2 years for a 29 engraved and a 57. I check every 2 weeks at my dealer. So far no show. I really wanted a 8" model 57 and called the custom shop and they will not make it.

Some how I just can not get over a smith called a classic with a key hole in the side..

My distributor has two 4 inch engraved 29's last week. Checking stock all they have now are two 6" mod 48 22mags.

I'd rather have the longer barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by noslack327 View Post
    Some how I just can not get over a smith called a classic with a key hole in the side..
    Yup, that's New Coke.
    If I should die before I wake...great,a little more sleep.