Default Remington 1903-A3 NIB?

A friend bought a Remington 1903-A3 yesterday that is darn near NIB. Doubt if it has had more than 100 rounds or so through it.
    pauls03.4.jpg
    pauls03.3.jpg
    pauls03.7.jpg
    USMC 1969-1993 6333/8153/9999
    USMC Combat Pistol & Shotgun Instructor
    FBI Rangemaster

e23fee04-f2ca-45df-a665-be45023d3ac4.jpg
    pauls03.1.jpg
    pauls03.2.jpg
    The overall finish is what I would expect to see on a new weapon. The finish is not uniform, but some different shading as you would normally see when pieces are finish in different lots. The bolt face still has it's finish and not completely worn off. Thoughts from everyone will be appreciated.
    USMC 1969-1993 6333/8153/9999
    USMC Combat Pistol & Shotgun Instructor
    FBI Rangemaster

Your friend is very fortunate to find and be able to buy such a fine example of the Remington 03-A3 rifle! Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

4. Default

they show up from time to time. I have one from my FIL, he bought it for something like 14.50 near 60 yrs ago from DCM like new, never fired.. those were the days!!

In 1988 a buddy had a gun shop in Idaho and he called me down to see something. An old widow had brought in 3 foil/cheesecloth gun bags and sold them to my friend. The stencils said 1903A3 Springfield, packed in 1963. We tore one open, brand new 1903A3, which another friend bought for $175. Wish now I'd bought one of the remaining bags.
    They still exist out there.

Aligater Guest

I have a DCM 1903A3 that I bought around 1963, and gave it to my best friend. I think I paid something like $14.50. My friend put it in a case and put it in his closet...never fired it. It's still a virgin from the DCM.....My friend died on the 4th of July. His wife pulled the 03A3 out of the closet along with a Beretta Silver Snipe 12 gauge........now I have them and don't want them because I'm 83 and will probably never shoot again........I think I should sell them. Does anyone want them?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aligater View Post
    I have a DCM 1903A3 that I bought around 1963, and gave it to my best friend. I think I paid something like $14.50. My friend put it in a case and put it in his closet...never fired it. It's still a virgin from the DCM.....My friend died on the 4th of July. His wife pulled the 03A3 out of the closet along with a Beretta Silver Snipe 12 gauge........now I have them and don't want them because I'm 83 and will probably never shoot again........I think I should sell them. Does anyone want them?
    I'm sorry for your lloss.
    Last edited by PhillipM; 07-12-2016 at 04:11.
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

My condolences! What are your asking price for the 03A3? You can email me at: tjake565@mchsi.com
    or use this forum's notification by clicking on my forum name.
    Thank you, Major Tom

9. Default

Aligater, I think 83 is about the average age over at my pistol and rifle club. You're not out of the game yet