Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "C" stock

Default "C" stock

Picked up a "C" stock for 1903(not cut for A3 HG ring)....No cartouche, "C" on tip, "c" and belowit an "o" in cutoff recess, and drawing number "D 1836-4" between pistol grip and butt swivel.....May have been sanded...Sorry, Technosaurus Rex has no pics. Was inquiring as to date made. Bought it for my shooter (all gray parked 1937 rec. w/ 1935 bbl.)
    Thankyou in advance,
    El W.

I believe they used "D1836-4" between about 1935-39. That was the drawing number (like a "catalog" number).
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

J.b.

after 1935
    if it aint broke...fix it till it finally is.

Ok I've have one for you. A C stock with D335380 stamped in the correct area (same as above) with a small right side up K in the cutoff recess and R2 stamped on the tip of the nose. What is this a Remington?
    Last edited by louis; 04-12-2016 at 06:43.

Nope, a WWII-period Keystone stock.
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

Also have a C stock with SA SPG and D-1836 and next to the drawing number is 1497163 handstamped (it does not match my serial number but still interesting
    as it was for a NM rifle)

So Rick what is the D number?

Thankyou all for the info.....

10. Default

"D" is the size of the drawing paper that the original drawing was drawn on. The "D" sheet of paper is 22" X 34".