Default Nearly unissued condition carbine

I don't think I've ever seen one in this condition. A parked receiver and a blued bolt like it was made. Most have all mellowed out to a brown finish, the bolt and receiver being much the same color. This carbine is being sold by a great seller on consignment. He gets top dollar but usually sells top guns too.

http://classic.gunauction.com/search...emnum=13866539

Very nice!! Too high for me.

3. Default

Jack the dog always gets the best stuff and he knows how to show it in the best light. He knows just what to photo and always gets it in the best light to show what you want to see. His photos are almost as good as handling the the gun. Really better you can always go back and look again. Sometimes your memory plays tricks on you and you remember things better than they are.

Looks like a restoration to me.

It is a put together rifle. The front sight and the stock tell you that.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
    It is a put together rifle. The front sight and the stock tell you that.

Do tell.

The acceptance stamp on this carbine was only used on type 2 stocks. High wood oval oiler slot. This stock has been cut down to a type 3. Look at the pin for the front sight. You can see where it's been banged out to removed the sight off the barrel.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
    The acceptance stamp on this carbine was only used on type 2 stocks. High wood oval oiler slot. This stock has been cut down to a type 3. Look at the pin for the front sight. You can see where it's been banged out to removed the sight off the barrel.
    Yep. And along with the scratches on the muzzle where front sight was removed for some reason!!

The other major problem is the parkerizing. It is exactly the same over the entire gun. Different parts were parked at different times in different tanks, etc.... That means that there should be some variation in color. ALL of the visible parts are the same shade and that should be an immediate red flag.

I have a "W" Carbine 5,628,117 in all "W" parts except for a SW-N sear as in the one discussed in this thread. The stock on mine is a type III with the ordnance stamp but without the WRA/GHD stamp.
    Craig Reisch at the Armory of Orange, Irvine, Ca., pronounced it "probably as issued" with the SW-N sear.

Chuck