Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Anybody know if it's got a piston like the HK-416?
    I dream of a better world. One where chickens may cross the road without their motives being questioned.

Shooter5 Guest

http://www.heckler-koch.com/en/produ.../overview.html

Technical details might be in here.

Quote Originally Posted by barretcreek View Post
    That's almost 15 grand apiece. Wonder how much is the bonus to the retired O-6 who is H&K's adviser?
    Are you including the spare mag and the cleaning kit?

4. Default

A couple of years back, I had the opportunity of shooting the G28 on HK's range in Germany. I accomplished a 10-round, 2.6" group at 200 meters, which I found impressive for a semi-auto rifle.

While the G28 is basically an AR-10/SR-25, with some extra, unnecessary parts, it's advantage is "barrel, barrel, barrel". G28's have cold, hammer forged barrels - something Armalite and KAC do not offer.

Cold hammer forged barrels have longevity over hot hammer forged barrels (i.e., KAC R5 cut rifling), and are extremely strong for sustained (i.e., USMC M27/HK416 IAR) and rapid (i.e., G28 DMR) fire.

Adopting the G28 will also have to open up a new logistics/supply chain, as many parts are not compatible with current M110 designs.

I believe the sooner USA manufacturers invest in cold hammer forged barrel technology/machinery, potential future contracts ($$) will stay in-country.
    Last edited by mtrpdw; 07-13-2016 at 01:43.