Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

The rifles that I study and Collect are the Springfield 1922 series and the 1903 NRA Sporters. I seldom see pretty wood on them because the straight grain is more stable. They were made to be used and accuracy was important. The USMC .22 Springfield in the 1903 S stocks must be the variation least studied and for which there is the least information published. The letter that Cplnorton mentioned is the only thing I am aware of that lends credibility to their existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Herschel View Post
    . . . . . . The USMC .22 Springfield in the 1903 S stocks must be the variation least studied and for which there is the least information published. The letter that Cplnorton mentioned is the only thing I am aware of that lends credibility to their existence.
    Herschel . . . .

Do you think the 300 USMC conversion stocks would have the angled cut in the forward portion of the magazine well (to accommodate the .22 cal. magazine)?

It seems to me they would! --Jim

Blog Entries

They would have to have the cut if they were used as a repeater. It would be a simple matter to modify the 1903 triggerguard and stock if the magazine was to be used.